Another progressive gambling system which is adored by many punters is the Paroli system. Its primary goals consist of winning small amounts often, and avoiding significant losses. The system is named after the Latin word “par” which means “one that is equal.” If you have ever read about the Martingale system, the Paroli is the complete opposite, but it has maximum stake limits.
As we mentioned earlier, this is a progressive gambling system, so you will have to raise your stakes after each win. Even though there aren’t any guarantees that you will win money using this system, many people are enchanted by it due to its simplicity. You can find out how to use the Paroli system, including what are its pros and cons, by reading the paragraphs below.
Using the Paroli Betting System
The method can be utilized mainly for even money bets at different casino games like craps, roulette, baccarat, but it can even be used in sports betting (only for even money bets). Here is how you can use this incredibly simple betting system:
- Set a base stake – To get the maximum out of this system, you need to set a base stake which is the amount you will bet at the beginning of every cycle. It can always vary, but you shouldn’t pick a very high number in comparison to what you have in the bank. A good rule of thumb is to set the stake at around 2% of the money you can afford to lose in this session, and the absolute maximum that number can reach is 5%. For example, if your bank is 100, the base stake should be from between 2 and 5.
- Raise your stake twofold if you win – With each bet you win, the stake becomes twice as big. If your initial stake is 4, the next wager should be 8, then 16, and so on. Remember, this is if you only win the bet.
- Cease after winning three times – If you win three times in a row, the amount of your stake should be equal to your base stake. The reason for this particular rule comes from the hypothesis that winning three times in a row can be common, but anything more means you are pushing your luck.
- Return to your base stake after a loss – Each time you lose, go back to the amount of your initial stake. Regardless of how many consecutive times you lose, your next stake should never go higher than the base stake after losing.
Now you are probably convinced that the system isn’t complicated at all and very easy to follow. The goal is to win three times in a row and then start all over. If the theory behind the system is right, this should happen at least a couple of times during an average session, and hopefully, it will be enough to cover your losses and make a small profit.
Recommended sites to bet with the Paroli Method
|Bookmaker||Founded||Bonus||Amount||Min. Bet||Max. Bet||Grade||Review|
|Royal Panda Review|
* T&C’s apply. Click on Bet now to view the offer!
Pros and Cons of the Paroli System
Let’s start with the positives of this progressive betting system for online gambling. First of all, its simplicity is very attractive for most punters because you don’t have to spend a lot of time to learn how to use it. Secondly, you could achieve small but steady wins. Lastly, it’s highly unlikely that you will lose a lot of money unless you start to lose many bets in a row.
Let’s see an example where you decide to play roulette and bet on red each time. The base stake will be 10. If the goal of the system is to win three times in a row, in case it happens, you will win 70. Each time you win three spins in a row, your winnings will be equal to your stake multiplied by 7. After each streak ends, you go back to your base stake which reduces the chances of you losing a lot of money for betting. That way you have an excellent chance of making a profit.
Let’s check out another scenario for the Paroli System, this time, red and black will alternate.
- Stake = 10. Win. In the bank: 10.
- Stake = 20. Loss. In the bank: -15.
- Stake = 10. Win. In the bank: 0.
- Stake = 20. Loss. In the bank: -20.
- Stake = 10. Win. In the bank: -10.
- Stake = 20. Loss. In the bank: -30.
Unfortunately, in this scenario, you will lose three times your base stake, compared to breaking even when always betting 10. That is the main weak spot of this system. It doesn’t guarantee winnings in any way because if things don’t go to plan, a loss in inevitable. If luck is on your side, the system can bring you success, but this could be said if you just made regular bets. All in all, the Paroli won’t help you overcome the house edge.
You may also have a look at:
The Paroli System can be a useful tool in managing your bankroll because you won’t lose much by following it. The risk of you increasing your stakes too much in the case of a winning run also disappears, so you don’t have to worry about losing everything after just one unlucky bet. That is the mindset you should have on the Paroli if you want to have any success with it because it won’t give you a better chance of winning.