The Euro is a very popular currency, and it’s present at all of the big gambling websites, amongst currencies like the British Pound or the American Dollar. This means that people who live in Europe will hardly have any trouble finding a website where they can make deposits and withdrawals with ease. We have listed the top bookmakers who accept the Euro as a payment method to deposit or withdraw funds. You can also find more information on tax laws in countries who use the Euro as their currency.
Where can you bet using Euro?
|Bookmaker||Founded||Jurisdiction||Bonus||Min. Bet||Max. Bet||Grade||Review|
|2000||UK||Up to £100 in
|New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5* or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.|
|1999||United Kingdom||£100||£2||No max||
|T&C: New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.|
|1997||Malta||Money Back up to £40||£0.01||Varies||
|18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 35x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. #ad|
* T&C’s apply, 18+. Click on Bet now to view the offer!
Pretty much every reputable bookie will accept the Euro as a payment method, so you don’t have to worry too much about that. The more important question is, which site should you choose? Here are some of our recommendations:
- Bet365 – They are one of our favorites, therefore their inclusion here is hardly a surprise for anyone. The best thing about Bet365 is that they offer a lot of deposit methods like PayPall, Neteller, Click2Pay, Skrill, InstaDebit, Entropay, wire transfer, Ukash, cheque, fast bank transfer, wire transfer, and debit card. You can also use these methods (except Ukash) for making a withdrawal from your account.
- BetVictor – BetVictor also offers a wide variety of payment options to customers who want to pay with Euros, including Webmoney, Paypal, PaySafeCard, Ukash, Webmoney, Western Union, and Neteller. Once again, you can use all of them (without Ukash) if you want to withdraw money. Read more about BetVictor – here.
- William Hill – Another great bookie which provides their customers with the option to use the Euro as a preferred currency when gambling. They also have a 25£ opening bonus which can be converted in Euros. William Hill’s review – click for more.
- Paddy Power – Being based in Ireland, it makes sense for a bookmaker like Paddy Power to let people pay with their national currency. You can deposit there using PayPal, O2 Money Card, PayByMobile, Entropay, PaySafeCard, Ukash, cheque, Skrill, bank transfer, debit card, or just pay in cash. You can withdraw using almost any of them (the exceptions being O2 Money Card and UKash).
- 888Sport – Another big name which makes it easy for their customers by providing a ton of payment methods, for example, PayPal, Entropay, Clickandbuy, Neteller, GiroPay, FundSend, Laser, prepaid card, debit card, MultiBanco, Online Bankingweb, Deutsche Bank, Commerzbank, instant banking, SEB Bank, Sofortbanking, Skrill, and wire transfer. As you can see, there’s no shortage of deposit options at 888Sport, with most of them being available for withdrawals as well. Of course, not all European citizens can use these methods because some are available only in specific countries. However, it’s highly unlikely that you will have trouble finding a suitable payment method at 888Sport.
Gambling Tax in the Europe
It’s impossible to answer this question because each country that uses the Euro has different laws and regulations regarding gambling. Most of the countries don’t have a gambling tax for punters, but there may be some exceptions, so it’s worth it to check things yourself before making a withdrawal. In case you still don’t want people to think that your bank account has gambling winnings in it, we recommend using a third party like an e-wallet.
What payment methods should people who want to deposit in Euros use?
The answer to this can be different for different punters in different countries, but we think that e-wallets like Skrill are the best way to go for people wanting to deposit or withdraw in Euros. That way your bank account doesn’t interact directly with the gambling website which makes things safer if by any chance gambling isn’t the most popular activity in your country of residence.