The Great British Pound is one of the most popular currencies at gambling websites. The UK is the country that has provided some of the best online bookmakers out there, but that’s surprising, considering the country’s rich gambling history. Despite there being many bookies that are based elsewhere in order to pay fewer taxes, most of the sports betting websites are British and they target British punters. In this article, you will find information about the best bookmakers which accept the Great British Pound and what methods you can use to make payments using it, plus some details about tax laws.
Where can you bet using Great British Pounds?
|Bookmaker||Founded||Jurisdiction||Bonus||Min. Bet||Max. Bet||Grade||Review|
|2000||UK||Up to £100 in
|New Customers only. Up to £100* in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5* or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.|
|1999||United Kingdom||£100||£2||No max||
|T&C: New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.|
|1997||Malta||Money Back up to £40||£0.01||Varies||
|18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 35x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. No deposit required for NI customers. Call 08081699314 to claim. Full T&Cs apply. #ad|
* T&C’s apply, 18+. Click on Bet now to view the offer!
Generally, all of the bookmakers will accept the British Pound as a deposit or withdrawal currency. We have decided to make a list with the top sports betting websites, which includes the payment methods that they offer their customers. Hopefully, this will make your choice easier and you will be pleased with your choice at the end.
- Bet365 – Probably the most popular bookmaker in the UK, bet365 will undoubtedly accept the British Pound. They also have an enormous quantity of secure payment options so that you don’t have to worry about this part of the process. Some of them include PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Ukash, Entropay, InstaDebit, PaySafeCard, Click2Pay, wire transfers, cheque, fast bank transfer, or debit cards. You can use the same methods for making withdrawals, with the exception of Ukash. Click here for the review.
- BetVictor – BetVictor is another big name in the UK and you will find the same number of deposit options as bet365. You can use PayPal, Western Union, Skrill, PaySafeCard, Webmoney, Ukash, Neteller, debit cards. Read our unbiased review.
- William Hill – Just as every other British bookmaker, William Hill accept the GBP. They offer a wide range of deposit and withdrawal methods, including PayPal and many other e-Wallets.
- Paddy Power – Despite them being an Irish website, Paddy Power will still let you deposit using the British Pound. Some of the deposit methods that they offer are PayPal, PayByMobile, Skrill, Ukash, Neteller, Entropay, PaySafeCard or debit card. You can withdraw using all of them (except Ukash). For more – here.
- 888Sport – This is another bookmaker which has plenty of payment methods, even though some of them are available only for residents of specific countries. If you want to deposit using the Great British Pound, the following options are available: PayPal, Clickandbuy, PayPoint vouchers, Neteller, PaySafeCard, Skrill, Ukash, wire transfer, bank transfer, and debit cards. Withdrawals can be made with almost any of these (the exceptions being Ukash and PayPoint). Would you like to know more about 888? – click here.
Gambling Tax in Great Britain
Due to changes in the gambling laws from 2011, punters who are residing in the UK don’t have to pay gambling tax, because there was a 6.75% tax imposed by the government on the bookies, who the decided to charge their customers a 9% fee on their winnings.
What payment methods should people who want to deposit in Great British Pound use?
The best method which we can recommend is simply using a debit card. It’s very simple to do so and the transactions are almost instant. E-wallets are a good option for other countries, but with gambling being legal in Great Britain, measures like that are unnecessary. There are no reasons to worry about using a debit card.