In this online gambling faq guide, we have tried to answer the most frequently asked questions about online gambling. If you still have a question which isn’t listed here, write us and we’ll try to answer you. We know that it can be difficult for beginners to fully understand online gambling terms and jargon, that’s why we’ve created this Betting FAQ which should answer most of your questions.
This online gambling faq guide covers almost all topics that might interest new punters. If you just want some basic information we have provided a summary of some of the more important questions down below. If things still don’t look clear enough for you after reading them, we suggest checking out the detailed answers to the question you have above.
Is online gambling legal?
- This is a very difficult question for us to answer because each location in the world has their specific laws regarding online gambling. That’s why we have created a page about online gambling jurisdictions where we’ve explained the laws in different regions.
Are there any age restrictions for online gambling?
- Yes, there are. The location you’re in also plays a role, but the age restriction is usually 18 years, although some countries have it at 21.
How to begin?
- It’s fairly easy to start online gambling, but first you have to decide what type of gambling do you want to do. After that’s done, you’ll need to choose a betting site, so it’s helpful to check out our bookmaker reviews. If you have any other questions, read our guide for beginners.
What website should I join?
- This is a very important question to answer because the right website is crucial to a pleased betting experience. That’s why we have a list of recommended betting sites which consists of the top rated bookmakers according to us. We recommend a wide variety of websites that will satisfy your gambling demands.
Best gambling types
- There are different gambling types that you can do and it all depends on what you actually enjoy betting on. Some people prefer casino games, others like to bet on horse racing. There are also other popular options such as bingo and poker. You have to try out for yourself and then decide which one you enjoy.
Payment options for gambling?
- In order to start betting online, you need to deposit money into your account. Most bookmakers offer simple methods to do that thanks to the different banking options. The most used deposit methods are debit cards, wire transfer, and e-wallets like PayPal and Skrill. For more information, check out our article on deposit options.
- Keep in mind that most websites have a minimum deposit set which is usually a small amount like 10$ so that you don’t have to deposit a lot when starting.
Receiving your winnings
- After you’ve won a considerable amount of money and want them out of your gambling account then it’s time to make a withdrawal. This can be done by logging in and clicking on withdraw or cash-out button. Most of the time you can withdraw using the same method you made your deposit with.
Are gambling winnings subjected to tax?
- As we mentioned earlier, each country has its specific gambling laws so it’s best to do some research yourself by finding information on the internet or asking a professional. No one wants to get in trouble for not paying taxes or to pay taxes that aren’t needed.
Is it safe to gamble online?
- Online gambling is regarded as a safe activity should you manage to avoid shady looking websites. If you stick to the websites that we recommend then you shouldn’t have any concerns regarding safety.
Is there a limit to the number of sports betting websites that I can use?
- No, there isn’t. You can sign up and use as many as you like. There isn’t a recommended number because it solely depends on your gambling preferences. Our advice is to use about two or three websites so that you have more choice.
What is an opening bonus?
- Thanks to the sign-up bonus you can receive additional funds to your account when you make a new registration. This is a marketing method used by websites to lure in new customers. You can find more about opening bonuses in our free bets section.
Forgetting your account information
- This isn’t such a big issue because you can usually request the password to be sent to your email address. You can also contact customer support through phone, live chat or email
What to do when you face a problem or have a complaint?
- The first thing that you should do in this situation is contact customer support. You will usually get quality service and they will help you. If the complaint is minor, the customer support takes care of it instantly.
If it’s not, it may take more time, but the best bookmakers are very good when it comes to resolving disputes. If you think that you’ve been a subject to unfair treatment from the website, it’s best that you check their license provider and write your complaint to them.
Is addiction a possibility with online gambling?
- A large percent of people who gamble online don’t have any addiction problems, but some people get addicted. Remember to gamble responsibly and to never risk cash that you can’t afford to lose. If things still aren’t working out and you think that you are becoming addicted, it’s better to stop immediately and seek help. A good start to that can be our article about responsible gambling or visit site of national problem gambling clinic.